Large Antique 1930s Art Deco handpainted glazed ceramic Majolica Chef’s mixing bowl from Galvani Ceramiche Italy / 31 cm.
The ceramic production plant that the Galvanis founded in Pordenone in 1811 joins the other economic activities of the family, which combines interests in the agricultural sector with manufacturing interests in the paper and textile sectors. The decision to direct the production towards objects of widespread popular use and the protectionist measures adopted in the 1920s by the authorities of the Lombardy-Veneto Kingdom – which curbed the importation of ceramics into the Habsburg domains – favored the development of the activity, which immediately found good market. In 1973 Ceramica Galvani passed ownership and in 1979 it was absorbed by the Venetian “Tognana Ceramiche” which in 1983 closed the Pordenone plant.
The Galvani brand, thanks to a small ceramic workshop, survived until 2000.
- Measurements – 31 x 13 cm
- Material – glazed ceramic
- Sourced in Italy
- Made in Italy
- Manufacturer – Galvani Ceramiche
- Vintage era – 1930s Art Deco
- Condition – good / crazing on the glaze / multiple chips on the edge – 1 of them bigger / scratches on the surface / see images .